cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
FN
FN
Level VI

Adding histograms, boxplots or densities next to axis in the graph builder

Is there a way to add histograms, boxplots or densities next to axis using the graph builder in JMP 14?

For example:

regression_marginals.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Adding histograms, boxplots or densities next to axis in the graph builder

Hi @FN ,

I really love these kinds of plots. You can do this very easily in Fit Y by X by using the Red Triangle > Histogram Borders option: FitYbyX.png

If you wish to do this in Graph Builder it will take more steps. I'm happy to write these out for you, but if Fit Y by X does what you need that would be my suggestion.

Julian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

See the presentation Pictures from the Gallery - Advanced Graph Building Journal by @scwise - plot #6 for Marginal Plots shows how to do this by creating a dummy variable in the table.  This helps to create the trellis layout, and then the plots visible in each panel can be customized using right-click.

julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @FN ,

I really love these kinds of plots. You can do this very easily in Fit Y by X by using the Red Triangle > Histogram Borders option: FitYbyX.png

If you wish to do this in Graph Builder it will take more steps. I'm happy to write these out for you, but if Fit Y by X does what you need that would be my suggestion.

Julian