Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
FN
FN
Level VI

Adding histograms, boxplots or densities next to axis in the graph builder

Is there a way to add histograms, boxplots or densities next to axis using the graph builder in JMP 14?

For example:

regression_marginals.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Adding histograms, boxplots or densities next to axis in the graph builder

Hi @FN ,

I really love these kinds of plots. You can do this very easily in Fit Y by X by using the Red Triangle > Histogram Borders option: FitYbyX.png

If you wish to do this in Graph Builder it will take more steps. I'm happy to write these out for you, but if Fit Y by X does what you need that would be my suggestion.

Julian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

See the presentation Pictures from the Gallery - Advanced Graph Building Journal by @scwise - plot #6 for Marginal Plots shows how to do this by creating a dummy variable in the table.  This helps to create the trellis layout, and then the plots visible in each panel can be customized using right-click.

julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @FN ,

I really love these kinds of plots. You can do this very easily in Fit Y by X by using the Red Triangle > Histogram Borders option: FitYbyX.png

If you wish to do this in Graph Builder it will take more steps. I'm happy to write these out for you, but if Fit Y by X does what you need that would be my suggestion.

Julian