cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
billi
Level V

Adding constraints to design with discrete factors

Hello,

I am trying to add constraints to design with 4 discrete factors (X1,X2,X3,X4), where all the factors have 3 levels. What is the best way to add constraint to specify that three factors (X2,X3,X4) should add up to 97%? I am assuming I'll have to add disallowed combinations script option for this but not sure about the script.

2 REPLIES 2
statman
Super User

Re: Adding constraints to design with discrete factors

Is this a mixture design?

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/16.2/?os=mac&source=application&utm_source=helpmenu&utm_medium=a...

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

Re: Adding constraints to design with discrete factors

Adding to @statman's help, know that you can specify the X2, X3, and X4 as Mixture type factors and specify their levels as proportions, not a percent. Then click the red triangle at the top and select Advanced Options > Mixture Sum and enter 0.97.

Also know that while combining mixture and non-mixture factors in the same experiment is possible (and encouraged!), it will put constraints on terms in the model. The constraint of the sum means that some of the terms become confounded and cannot be estimated together.