cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
xdcurryx
Level I

Add Spec Limits to Tabulated Column

Hello,

I am trying to add spec limits to a new column that I created via Tabulate, but cannot get JMP to recognize the column in which I want to add spec limits to. Here is the portion of the code I am working on.

tab = dt << Tabulate(
Show Control Panel( 0 ),
Add Table( Column Table( Analysis Columns( :Data ), Statistics( Mean ) ), Row Table( Grouping Columns( :Pitch # ) ) ),
invisible,

);
dt_tab = tab << make into data table;
dt_tab << set name( "Avg Pitch Length" );

dt_tab = Current Data Table( )
Column( "Mean(Data)" ) << Add Column Properties( Set Property( "Spec Limits", {LSL( 853 ), USL( 858 ), Target( 855.5 ), Show Limits( 1 )} ) );

When I debug the script, it says "could not find column in access or evaluation of 'Column', Column/*###*/("Mean(Data)"). Mean(Data) is the column name that the tabulate function automatically assigned to the new column, but JMP doesn't recognize that column name. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Add Spec Limits to Tabulated Column

try changing to the following

Current Data Table(dt_tab )
Column( dt_tab,"Mean(Data)" ) << Add Column Properties( Set Property( "Spec Limits", {LSL( 853 ), USL( 858 ), Target( 855.5 ), Show Limits( 1 )} ) );
Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

try changing to the following

Current Data Table(dt_tab )
Column( dt_tab,"Mean(Data)" ) << Add Column Properties( Set Property( "Spec Limits", {LSL( 853 ), USL( 858 ), Target( 855.5 ), Show Limits( 1 )} ) );
Jim
xdcurryx
Level I

Awesome that worked, thanks so much! I'm still new to JMP so I appreciate the help!