cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
manphoolfageria
Level III

ANOVA fit model

hi

I am comparing yield of three varieties of potatoes, variety A has 10 samples, variety B has 5 samples and varietry C has 20 samples. So sample number (replications) are not even. I want to perform ANOVA using fit model. I have created three comuns Variety, sample#, and yield.

So, yield (continuous) is the response factor. In the constrct model, do I have to include only varietry (nminal) or both varietry (nominal) and sample (nominal).

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: ANOVA fit model

You do not need to explicitly include Sample in the model. It is implicitly used to estimate the (sample) error (residual).

You can use Analyze > Fit Y by X with Yield > Y and Variety > X and then select ANOVA from the platform menu (red triangle). You can also use Analyze > Fit Model with Yield > Y and Variety > Effects. The resulting Oneway and Fit Least Squares platforms share some common information but each provide unique information so try them both.