cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JMP2021
Level III

A question related to generating a plot using JMP

Wonder if anyone know how to plot using JMP to get a plot similar to what I generated using excel. 

JMP2021_0-1708023786853.png

JMP2021_1-1708023814670.png

The JMP table is attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: A question related to generating a plot using JMP

When working with JMP, you need to think in terms of variables. Your plot shows a variable called Cycle on the X-axis. It has a variable called dRn on the y-axis. So, I will need those two columns. I also see different wells and conditions, so those will be other variables that should be in the table. Each variable gets a column. 

To get the data into the right format, I stacked all of your Cycle columns into a single column which I just called Cycle. I then stripped off only the number from that character string to create a column called Cycle Number. From your picture, it also looks like you wanted different lines for each Well and Condition combination. So, I created that column. The resulting data table is attached.

The graph is made from Graph Builder. Drag Cycle Number to the X-axis, dRn to the y-axis, and the Well&Condition column to the overlay.

Dan_Obermiller_0-1708024770103.png

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dlehman1
Level IV

The trick is to stack all the Cycle columns.  Attached is the result with the graph stored as a script (top left).

When working with JMP, you need to think in terms of variables. Your plot shows a variable called Cycle on the X-axis. It has a variable called dRn on the y-axis. So, I will need those two columns. I also see different wells and conditions, so those will be other variables that should be in the table. Each variable gets a column. 

To get the data into the right format, I stacked all of your Cycle columns into a single column which I just called Cycle. I then stripped off only the number from that character string to create a column called Cycle Number. From your picture, it also looks like you wanted different lines for each Well and Condition combination. So, I created that column. The resulting data table is attached.

The graph is made from Graph Builder. Drag Cycle Number to the X-axis, dRn to the y-axis, and the Well&Condition column to the overlay.

Dan_Obermiller_0-1708024770103.png

Dan Obermiller
JMP2021
Level III

Thank you very much for the solution.