cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Recordings DOE Club Q3 2024: Random factors in DOE

Question 1: Random factors in DOE from @Stats_Like_Jazz 

Comments: 

@Victor_G 

1. The use of random effects in the model enable to explain a part of the total variance, which is attributed to the random effect. This then may enable to have a better R²

2. You could use Operator as a random effect, and also use "Quality and Process" platforms (MSA, Control Charts, ...) to evaluate and visualize influence of operator (on the mean response and variance) 

@Steph_Georges 

Additional info about Blocking when designing experiments: https://community.jmp.com/t5/Mastering-JMP/Using-Blocking-When-Designing-Experiments/ta-p/277697

@ptolomey 

1. Can you please show how to use "Reliability Life testing" platform to determine sample size for Reliability experiments?

2. Find out an energy activation parameter for Arrhenius model

@WeightedMouse47 

What was the original purpose of the experiment?

@Jonas_Rinne 

Was it a logistic regression model? Since you said pass/fail?

@Victor_G 

Maybe there are other y's that could be linked to this PASS/FAIL Y response, and be used as proxy with more information (continuous responses for example) ?

There are too many terms for the model I think

@jszarka 

It's pretty clear from your studentized residuals by row number that the last set of 6 and the 6 before it is distinctly different.

That will be attributed to your Whole Plot effect.

@KimRas2 

There is definitely a pattern in your residuals, Christian.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Recordings DOE Club Q3 2024: Random factors in DOE

It was such a joy to participate in yesterday's DOE Club session! 

Thank you for all the help and exciting conversation. I will review this video more than once to ensure I implement all the excellent tips and tricks shared here.

@Victor_G   Maybe this topic could have been a session on its own. There was much to discuss!

---------------------------------

Check out my JMP YouTube channel here for tips & tricks:

https://www.youtube.com/@statslikejazz