cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
txnelson
Super User

Once a script is added or a discusssion is started they can not be deleted

Some times when responding to a discussion, I have posted my response, only to find that I have misread the discussion, and responded inappropriatly or falsely.  In that case, I want to delete my post.  There is no option to do that. 

Also, if you post a script to a reply, and you want to delete it from your reply, it can not be deleted.

Jim
4 REPLIES 4
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Once a script is added or a discusssion is started they can not be deleted

Yes, the permission to delete messages (even your own) is not enabled. If you have a message you'd like to delete, please notify me and I'll work with you on it.

As for not being able to edit a post if you've included a JSL script, I'm unable to reproduce that problem. Can you give me some steps to follow? 

-Jeff
txnelson
Super User

If you go to the reply that I made to:

Saving with filename 

you will see an empty script box in the reply.  What I did was that I editied the reply I had made.  I placed a script into the reply.  I then posted the reply.  I then edited my reply and cut all of the contents from the script, and reposted.  The script was not deleted.  It now remains as an empty box.

Jim
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Just saw your post with an empty script to start. I assume that was the one that was causing a problem.

I edited it and removed the code block. To do that I used the HTML tab above the editor and deleted the <pre> </pre> tags that were causing the problem.

-Jeff
txnelson
Super User

I guess that is referred to as the pre/pre kluge  :)

not the cleanest solution in the world

Jim