cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Share your analytics insights with fellow JMP users. Submit a brief abstract to the Discovery Europe call for content describing innovative ways you use JMP.

How do I get another user's license file for install?

I'm new to this forum as an admin but a long time JMP user.

We just purchased 2 JMP Pro licenses within my company and I was able to install it on my mac (WFH). Now I would like to get my co-worker going as well but couldn't find instructions on how to do this. He installed the .dmz file, but now needs a JMP License file which neither he or I have. 

How do I get my co-worker through the licensing step after install?

Thx, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I get another user's license file for install?

Hello!  I am with JMP Technical Support.

We typically prefer customers to share the SAS Software Depot that you download from the software order email, but since you mention you're WFH that may not be possible.  You can send the software order email to your co-worker and have them download the Download Manager -> Software Depot in order to install on their machine, exactly how you did on yours.

If JMP is asking for the license file, it should be located here (in the media you downloaded): <SAS Software Depot>\sid_files\

Let me know if you have any further questions, or send me an email at support@jmp.com!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello!  I am with JMP Technical Support.

We typically prefer customers to share the SAS Software Depot that you download from the software order email, but since you mention you're WFH that may not be possible.  You can send the software order email to your co-worker and have them download the Download Manager -> Software Depot in order to install on their machine, exactly how you did on yours.

If JMP is asking for the license file, it should be located here (in the media you downloaded): <SAS Software Depot>\sid_files\

Let me know if you have any further questions, or send me an email at support@jmp.com!

Got it - I was able to fix the issue. Here's how it broke down:

- I unpacked the depot on my mac. I am working from home (so not on corp network) and not an IT admin so I cannot share the entire depot with other users.

- The instructions allowed me to install the depot (with a workaround for MacOs) but lack clear instructions on how to get other users set up.

- I copied the dmg file onto our corp Google Drive so that my coworker could download it (ie not the entire depot - it wasn't clear that copying everything would have worked).

- My coworker was able to unpack but needed a license key. I did not know 1 file would work for both him and I.

- I shared the file  to see what happens and it worked, but kinda by doing a 'monkey test'

So the instructions were lacking a bit and the use case was not really captured imo (WFH/not on corp network to share unpacked depot).

Anyway, seems to be up and running now! Thx