cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mraughley
Level II

First Western Pennsylvania JMP Users Group Meeting Summary and Opening discussion for next meeting

Hi all,

Thanks to JMP, Jerry, and Tim for supplying Panera Bread and showing us some of what is coming in JMP 14 next spring!

Based on who was present and some of the discussion. Topics for future meetings (no particular order) include: DOE, Data Analytics, JSL/scripting, Data mining, and sending out a "dataset" to have the group analyze/discuss it during the meeting. Did I miss any topics of interest? What is the order that we should do the topics, or what are the more popular topics?

No date was suggested for the next meeting, so keeping with a quarterly meeting mindset here are a few dates for the first quarter that I am suggesting:

January 22nd, Monday

February 7th, Wednesday

March 15th, Thursday

I know that HarbisonWalker International is delighted to host and to my knowledge January 23rd is the only unavailable date for the next few months.

These are only suggestions, but hopefully this will keep the momentum going.

33 REPLIES 33
mraughley
Level II

Re: First Western Pennsylvania JMP Users Group Meeting Summary and Opening discussion for next meeti

Okay, I suspected that might an issue. No problem. Hopefully we will nail down a date for next time, so that an email can be sent out.
mraughley
Level II

Re: First Western Pennsylvania JMP Users Group Meeting Summary and Opening discussion for next meeti

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who attended. Sorry again for the confusion and lack of communication for this meeting. It was the consensus of the group to have the next meeting around May 1st, so that a JMP representative could join us either to further discussion from the meeting in Sewickly on May 1st, or just questions in general.

If Jerry or someone is available to attend the thought is to have it May 2nd 9:30-11:30am at HWI's West Mifflin site. The date can be moved if a different day works better and if someone else wants to host this time, just post a comment here so that the details can be finalized.

Thanks again and any comments are welcomed.

Sincerely,

Maggie Raughley

timpike
Level I

Hi Maggie,
Great meeting today - looking forward to the next one! : )
Sincerely,
Tim Pike

brownmc36
Level I

Hello all,

We had proposed May 2nd, 9:30-11:30am, at HWI's West Mifflin site for the next Western PA User's Group Meeting.  Would anyone be interested in attending at this time and location?  Possibly a JMP representative might attend if they are available?

Thank you,

Mike Brown

bnovic
Visitor

Hi Mike,

I just noticed on my calendar that there is a Pittsburgh JMP 14 Roadshow on May 01.

https://www.jmp.com/en_us/events/jmp-roadshow/01may2018-pa.html

Should consider postponing the users group meeting for a month?

What does everyone think? 

Brad Novic

PhaseTwo Analytics

brownmc36
Level I

Hi Brad,

Actually, the thought was that one or more representatives from JMP might attend the Users Group Meeting on the 2nd, as they would be in the area on the 1st due to the Road Show.  If no one is interested in attending on the 2nd, I would not have the meeting that day, of course.

Thanks,

Mike

timpike
Level I

Dear All,
I think that having UG meeting on the 2nd is a good idea - it would be a great opportunity to ask some follow up questions from the roadshow directly to the experts. I don't know about you, but I always think of a good question on the way home. : )
Sincerely,
Tim Pike
mraughley
Level II

I suggested maybe looking at the JMP Start Statistics book because it is a guide to statistics and data analysis using JMP. Each Chapter has exercises and it walks you through the statistic tools in JMP, but if it is too basic we don't have to it.
JerryFish
Staff

Hi All--

Yes, there is a JMP event in Pittsburgh on 5/1.  I'll be doing What's New in JMP 14, probably by myself.  Since I'm in town, I'd be glad to attend the WPAJUG meeting on Wednesday.  Looking forward to it!

Jerry

brownmc36
Level I

Thank you Jerry!

Could whomever is planning to attend please let me know so that we can plan accordingly?

Thanks,

Mike Brown

bnovic
Visitor

Mike,

I will attend. I'd also be willing to present something related to minng manufacturing data and JMP if there is room in the agenda. 

Brad 

mraughley
Level II

As far as I know there is nothing on the agenda, so by all means prepare something for the meeting.

I will not be able to attend this time and if someone else wants to take over scheduling/communicating the group please feel free to have that discuss and elect someone.

Best wishes,

Maggie

Hi All,

JMP can provide some refreshments at the user group meeting if you'd like. All I'd need is the delivery address/time and an approximate headcount. Thanks!
brownmc36
Level I

Hi Robin,

So far I have only three definite attendees - myself, Jerry Fish, and Brad Novic.  Maybe more will come that haven't committed to it yet.

Thanks,

Mike Brown

Thanks Mike! Maybe there will be some interest from other users who might be at today's JMP event in Sewickley. I can go ahead and order refreshments for 5 people and if we have to increase it beyond that we can.
What time should I schedule the delivery and what address should I give them? Thank you!!