cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
CSkjodt
Level III

Presentation: Automated collection and analysis of scientific data using JMP

Symphogen has developed an in-house scientific data management solution named Mimer to capture and structure
scientific data. With our cloud-based architecture, accessing structured and contextualized data throughout the
organization has become significantly easier.
To leverage the use of our structured data we have connected Mimer to JMP via an addin Völve. Völve imports userselected data to JMP, performs routine analyses on each distinct data source and sets the stage for advanced
analysis, e.g., DoE.

Presentations Slides attached. 

2 REPLIES 2
Vincent_DS
Level I

Re: Presentation: Automated collection and analysis of scientific data using JMP

Hello Treponema,

I see that you connected to Databricks. I'm trying to do so, but when realizing the connection, I'm not able to see neither catalogs nor schemas of Databricks. It seems that JMP that JMP connects to "default" (see JMP ODBC Databricks and default catalog - JMP User Community), but even for "default", I don't see default tables! How did you succeeded in this connection?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Vincent DS

CSkjodt
Level III

Re: Presentation: Automated collection and analysis of scientific data using JMP

Hi Vincent,

If you are using Unity catalogue you will have problems accessing the database content. The reason is that there is a extra layer in unity catalogue compared to traditional databases (Catalogue, Schema, and Table), that I speculate cannot be parsed by JMP. The only solution I have is to connect via JSL. Here is the JSL solution:

database = "xxx";

delta_table = "catalogue.schema.table";

Create Database Connection("DSN=" || database || ";PWD=%_PWD_%;");

// Query the database
Try(
Execute SQL(
database,
"SELECT * FROM " || delta_table || " t1;",
"NewTable"
),
"Some error handling"
);