Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Statistical Process Control Course

Started ‎12-21-2022 by
Modified ‎01-19-2024 by
View Fullscreen Exit Fullscreen

We’re excited to bring you this free e-learning course on Statistical Process Control. The course includes many topics, some for beginners new to SPC, and some for more advanced SPC practitioners. You can choose your skill level and take the parts of the course that are most interesting to you.

• Lesson 1 is an introduction to SPC and quality methods.
  • Lessons 2 and 3 contain the basics of Shewhart charts and process capability.
  • If you already know the basics, look at Lessons 4 and 5 for charts to detect small shifts, charts to control multiple related processes at the same time, charts for counts and rates and rare events, charts to control multiple sources of variation, and charts for controlling data which are positively autocorrelated over time. Lesson 5 also contains information on the process for setting up control charts, including how to decide what to chart, sampling frequency and sampling plan, and how much data to collect.
  • The course ends with three capstone exercises.

For more details on what is covered in each lesson and section, scroll down below the video player. 

Please download the course file (statistical-process-control-journal.zip) at the top of the page to use in the course.

The course was developed using JMP version 16. Slight menu changes occur with version 17. New Features in the platforms used in this course can be found by going to Help > New Features > Quality and Process Platforms. Please send any feedback about the course to Ruth.Hummel@jmp.com with the title “Feedback on SPC Course” .

• To learn about the 7 basic quality tools and how to do them in JMP, take Lesson 1.
  • To learn about Individual charts and Xbar and Range or Standard deviation charts, take Lesson 2.
  • To learn about the many ways a chart can signal an out of control situation, take Lesson 2 sections 4 and 5.
  • To learn how to adjust limits based on skewed data, take Lesson 2 section 7.
  • To learn all about process capability indices (what they are, how to calculate them and how to handle many variables), take Lesson 3.
  • To learn about charts that will react to small changes faster than a classic Shewhart chart, take Lesson 4 - Section 1 on CUSUM and EWMA charts.
  • To learn about handling many variables that might change together, take Lesson 4 -Section 2 on Model Driven Multivariate Control charts.
  • To learn about Attribute control charts, take Lesson 5, Section 1.
  • To learn about handling multiple sources of variation in your process data take Lesson 5, Section 2.
  • To learn one method of handling autocorrelation in your process data, take Lesson 5, Section 3.
  • To learn some ideas on how to set up a new SPC system, take Lesson 5, Section 4.
  • To practice your SPC skills, take Lesson 6.
Comments

How can I access to this course?

ruthhummel

Hi @jorgeruiz1908, you should be able to click on the video player in the middle of this post. Please send me a message if you are having trouble with the video player. Sometimes you may need to refresh your browser. I hope you are able to view it with no troubles!

thank you  I have it!

ruthhummel

Wonderful! I hope you enjoy and get a lot out of it.

Excellent course to brush up the SPC and some advance topics like CUSUM, EWMA charts & Model Driven Multivariate Control charts. Thanks...

Can we get an official certificate for completing the course?

ruthhummel

Hi @EdgeRulesSteer2, no, there is no "official" certificate. There is no way for us at JMP to validate that a specific user has taken the course and taken the quizzes, so we can't in good conscience offer any "formal" or "official" certificate. However, you can screen-capture and print out the quiz results throughout and the "You've completed Lesson X" slides at the end of each lesson.

In some of our other on-demand courses, such as "Getting Started with JMP: On Demand" and "Statistical Decisions Using ANOVA and Regression," we have added a Course Completion slide at the end that can be used as an informal certificate. If you think something like this would be useful, we could add an informal certificate to the end of all of our courses. (But please be patient with us! Any updates take some time.) Let me know what you think of that idea. Making these courses available, for free, in the JMP User Community is a new venture for us, and we are a work-in-progress. We appreciate hearing from you about what could make these free offerings even more valuable to you and your colleagues. 

Hi @ruthhummel , Yes it would be great if you could add an informal certificate as some sort of authentic documentation would help. 

Thanks and regards!

ruthhummel

Hi @EdgeRulesSteer2, excellent, I will log your request. We will add an informal completion certificate to the end of this course, but it may not be added for another month or two. Stay tuned! We will get to this as soon as possible. 

Hello, and thanks for putting this course together! Are there others? Is there a list somewhere?

Thanks!

ruthhummel

Hi @Ben_Sagalovsky, I'm so glad you enjoyed this course! Yes, we have other on-demand courses, too, available here: https://community.jmp.com/t5/On-Demand-Courses/ct-p/jmp-courses. Thanks for your interest!

Thanks, Ruth! I knew about STIPS, of course, but some where new to me. Appreciated.

Hello, thanks a lot for offering this course. Have you started offering official/unofficial certificates for completing the course?

Hi @EdgeRulesSteer2  and @Sabbir_Akhanda, There is now an informal completion certificate at the end of this course. Thank you so much for your patience!