Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

make columns more distinct

☐  cool new feature
☑ could help many users!

☐ removes a „bug“

☐ nice to have

☐ nobody needs it

sometimes it's hard to find the right column again and again.

some suggestions to make it easier:

Holger_2-1656085062813.png

- define special colors for special columns (or groups):

Holger_3-1656085169377.png

- make the vertical line between groups thicker

Holger_1-1656085040528.png

more wishes submitted by  hogi_2-1702196401638.png

13 Comments
hogi
Level XI

the column color could also be used to highlight columns of larger interest - like illustrated here:

Holger_0-1656085403012.png

Craige_Hales
Super User

Yes, colors for column headers!

@hogi  For now, try the scroll-lock for a few important columns to keep them pinned to the left edge of the grid.

SamGardner
Staff

Thanks for the suggestion @hogi .  We are investigating the feasibility of this feature request and if it something we will pursue.  

SamGardner
Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

hogi
Level XI

i just detected this wish:
https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Wish-List/Set-background-color-in-column-header-column-names/idc-p/...

Seems to be quite the same - could you please merge both wishes?

SamGardner
Staff

Our development team is looking into this and we may be adding this as a new feature in upcoming versions of JMP.  

hogi
Level XI

Thanks a lot

Besides highlighting columns in the column list on the left, platforms could also benefit if Filter Col Selectors and Col List Boxes will share the same color coding.

hogi_1-1676739272108.png

FN
Level VI

This wish also focuses on having a better organization of columns, not by color but by hierarchy.

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Wish-List/Improved-column-organization-in-datatables-multiple-level...

In general, working with several columns in JMP, common in manufacturing data, is really challenging.

OrganicSocrates
Level I

+1 for column header colors.

Audrey_Shull
Staff

I can confirm that column header colors are under active development for the next major release of JMP (JMP 18).