cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

effect sizes

Hello,

Some students have asked about calculating effect sizes with jmp.   Although there is an add-in, it would be useful to have them in the anova and regression tables in the standard releases.    In my opinion, it would help to simply use for students and researchers.

Sincerely

Juan Carlos

5 Comments
mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Yes, Stay Tuned!

@Juan_Carlos , thank you for submitting this request. In JMP 17, we have added eta-squared and omega-squared effect size statistics in the Effects Tests table in Standard Least Squares. Changing the status to Yes, Stay Tuned, but please let us know if there are other effect size measures that you're interested in adding. 

image-2022-01-27-16-48-12-818.png

Juan_Carlos
Level I

Hello.   Thank you for including them in the next JMP version.   It would also be useful in my opinion to include as options effect sizes such as Cohen´s d and f, as well as r for t tests and contrasts.

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

Thank you for these additional details. We are evaluating for potential inclusion in a future release. 

JohanJakobsson
Level I

I'm russin 17.2 and can't see these effect sizes. When running Fit Model, standard least squares personality (Fixed or random effects model). How do I get them?  

JohanJakobsson
Level I

Fixed or mixed effects, that is.