cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Vertical X-axis Label Orientation [Change Default] on t-distributions and Histograms in JMP!

I think JMP does an excellent job in the case of the t-tests showing the sampling distribution of the mean difference under the null (for the case of the 2-sample t) and the observed mean difference relative to it; but why the scaling and horizontal axis orientation on these graphs graph?  Why not set the scale values to be oriented vertically by default on all of these graphs? (and on the histograms for that matter in Analyze>Distribution)?   

I find  myself always clicking in and modifying these axes manually; Can the development team please add this as an adjustable setting in File>Preferences in the next version of JMP?

Default Axis (t-test)Default Axis (t-test)

Modified axis (t-test)Modified axis (t-test)
Default axis (histogram)Default axis (histogram)
Modified axis (histogram)Modified axis (histogram)
The modified cases (vertically oriented values) are much easier to read and interpret don't you think?

I ran this idea by Julian Parris at JMP and he confirmed for me that there is no way to do this in the current version of JMP 14.
Thanks!  
1 Comment
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived
We are archiving this request. If this is still important please comment with additional details and we will reopen. Thank you!