cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Support custom models in Model Screening

Provide a way for users to define their own model and optimization techniques in the model screening platform, including tools from R or Python, enabling almost any model to be called by this platform, including techniques that have not yet been added to JMP, or perhaps never will be. 

• This could be similar to defining custom JSL functions where the user would define a function for performing the analysis and returning summary statistics and model parameters, and then another function to launch the analysis based on those model parameters returned from the initial optimization. This could be all neatly wrapped in an Associative Array along with names and descriptions.
  • I expect this would most commonly be managed as part of an Add-in, if needed I think it could always be managed that way.
  • The custom functions should allow users to call R or Python within their function.  In that case the function they define to launch the analysis might need to launch a new window they created to interface with R or Python.

I briefly hoped this was already possible as the XGBoost Add-In for JMP Pro  add-in appears to add a new model to the platform, but it sounds like this is a special case that is hard coded in JMP itself.

5 Comments
Status changed to: Acknowledged

@ih - Thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

Status changed to: Investigating

ih
Super User (Alumni)
Super User (Alumni)

Thanks @Sarah-Sylvestre!

ih
Super User (Alumni)
Super User (Alumni)

This would facilitate the use of the model screening platform to solve this problem:

Re: One hold out cross validation 

SamGardner
Staff
Status changed to: Not Planned For Now

Thank you for submitting this request.  We appreciate and review all feedback we receive, but we are unable to implement every suggestion and have decided not to move forward with this request.  If you have additional details/information that was not originally part of the request that you believe should cause us to reconsider this decision, please provide this additional information.