cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Right-click to change Group font and font size

How is it possible to change the Font setting of Y Group in graph builder?

I'm using JMP Pro 14.1

It is not possible to right-click to change those as with e.g the x-axis.

The Group font and font size are controlled by the "Text" size as specified in the Preferences for JMP.  They are not controlled as an individual graph by graph setting.

File --  Preferences -- Fonts 

It would be nice to be able to control the fonts by right-clicking

12 Comments
hogi
Level XI

Hi,

to change the font size of the Group Labels, unfortunately, there is no nice trick to do this -  just for a single plot.

The font size is determined by the TEXT Font in the preferences:

How do you change font settings of labels in the Y Group section in the graph builder? 

Reduce font size for wrapped graph builder headings? 

Changing this value has a severe impact on all of your Jmp windows - even the Preferences itself:

hogi_1-1695397792967.png

The good thing is: All (most of) the remaining text in a plot does NOT depend on this setting.

So the trick is: change the setting, copy the plot, change it back and continue with the previous setting.
This is what the script does.  Execute it once, then copy your graph, then execute it again.

If you have to do this several times a day, I would recommend you to install the Graph Builder Toolbar .

It's an add-in which extends the Report Toolbar with some nice features.

one of them is a shortcut to cycle through 3 different settings for the Group Labels:

hogi_3-1695398167846.png

After uploading the AddIn to the community I was criticized by one of the referees how I could dare to manipulate the settings in the preferences. 

But to my knowledge this is the only possibility at the moment.

Could be that in a future version of Jmp, this Wish will be implemented ...

hogi
Level XI

Oh, we just missed the 5th anniversary.

On the other hand, also a kind of  "good" sign that this one still has the status "investigating".
The other one (function to delete subplot titles (or any GraphBuilderGroupBox in general)  ) got rejected.