cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Profiler Options: Histograms, Time Series Charts, Scatterplot Matrix, Extrapolation Metric

To help users interpret how predictions being explored in the profiler relate to the data used to build them, provide options to show:

• Histograms and/or box plots in the borders of the profiler.  Histograms were already suggested by @FN  in Add histograms to the JMP profiler .  Extend the red dotted line through them.
  • Time series (or row series) trends in the profiler borders with the red dotted line extended through them.
  • Scatterplots in fields behind the profiler, turned on by default.
  • The extrapolation statistic as an additional y/predicted variable, shown at the bottom, show the UCL on the axis
  • A scatterplot matrix showing combinations of all variables - not on the drawing below
  • Option to scale label sizes - useful when trying to visualize large profiler, make a profiler with 20x20 variables, shrink the cells to 1/2 the normal size, and still be able to identify variable names

With everything turned on, the user would see this along with a scatterplot matrix, again with the current values as a red dotted line through all plots (I used blue here):

ih_2-1636394182000.png

@cwillden sorry it took so long to enter this after our conversation at the last Discovery!

1 Comment
FN
Level VI

I really like the idea of adding time to the profiler.

Here, I suggested the same idea to the headers. Column headers with sparklines