cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Practical Difference testing and column property

I'd like to suggest the following for equivalence testing and practical difference testing:

1. Add a column property for practical difference limits.  This will be reference whenever an equivalence test is done in Distribution, Fit Y by X, and Response Screener
  2. In Distribution, Fit Y by X, and Fit Model, add in a report out option for practical significance.  This would be in line with the report out options you can get from Response Screener -> save compare means.
  3. I'd also like to see equivalency testing and practical difference testing for Stdev's (variances would be fine as well)

8 Comments
shampton82
Level VII

Oh, one other thing I forgot, I'd like to see the Equivalence test Lower 90% and upper 90% values added to the output for Response Screener-> Compare Means table.  This is currently an output on Fit Y by X and Fit Model Equivalency tests.

Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @shampton82, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

shampton82
Level VII

Thanks! (also really nice to get these follow up emails)

mia_stephens
Staff

Hi @shampton82 , in JMP 17 and JMP Pro 17 we've added quite a bit of functionality for equivalence tests, including tests for proportions, standard deviations, and tests for non-inferiority and superiority in Fit Y by X. Equivalence tests are also now available via Fit Model for Least Squares, REML, Fit Mixed and Gen Reg.

Please let us know if these changes satisfy your needs.

Thanks!

shampton82
Level VII

Thanks for the update Mia!

I did notice all the new options and looks really good.  It looks like there is still not an output on the lower and up 90% values so if that could be added in the "Practical Differences" tab and the "saves means differences" table would be great.

It would also be nice if there could be a button in Fit Least Squares that would output the Tukey HSD (or other means test) with the equivalence test tables.  Right now I have to "make into data table" each report individually then combine them together.

Is there any talk around adding the practical equivalence as a column property (that could be added in the manage spec limit platform)?  Thats would be awesome!

mia_stephens
Staff

Hi @shampton82 , thank you for this additional information. We haven't had other requests for adding the practical equivalence as a column property, but this is a good suggestion. We are reviewing these requests with development, and are evaluating relative to current development priorities. Changing the status to investigating.

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

ac7872
Level II

@mia_stephens 

I'd add one more alternative to the column attributes. We have to show equivalence on a lot of tests and the data is structured in a tidy format with the variable name in one column and the value in another. Running models or Fit X by Y on the values using the variable names on the optional "By" column, then using combined data table to export all the tests in a few clicks is very convenient. However the manual input of the equivalence range for each variable is not. It would be a lot better if we could pull the equivalence range from a column or, even better, from another table, somewhat like you have set on Control Chart Builder to get limits for the control chart.