cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Option to select hidden or excluded columns

Right now in JMP it's very easy to select rows which are hidden or excluded.

dmmdiego_0-1642105350540.png

But there is no equivalent option for selecting columns which are hidden or excluded.

I often use data tables with hundreds or even thousands of columns, and if I want to subset a table to only include rows and columns which are not hidden or excluded, this cannot be done (it's easy for rows but not for columns). It's very cumbersome to individually select columns when you have hundreds of them, and the "undesired" columns are already excluded or hidden.

This should be easily supported through the UI, as it is a very common use case.

1 Comment
jthi
Super User

You could do this with your own addin or creating couple of shortcuts (of course it would be better if this was available in native JMP).

With JMP16 to select non-hidden and non-excluded columns:

Current Data Table() << Select Columns(Filter Each({col}, Current Data Table() << Get Column Names("String"),
	!(Column(Current Data Table(), col) << Get Excluded | Column(Current Data Table(), col) << Get Hidden)
));

Select hidden columns:

Current Data Table() << Select columns(Current Data Table() << Get Hidden Columns);

Select excluded columns:

Current Data Table() << Select Columns(Current Data Table() << Get Excluded Columns);

I have addin done for this, but it cannot be attached here. It does require JMP16 and adds three new options to Column Selection menu:

jthi_0-1642273057801.png