cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

New command function to execute a JMP workflow

What inspired this wish list request?  I am writing a script that will automate the following process: 

1.  Download a copy of a live Excel database located off the company’s internal SharePoint 
  2.  Convert it to a JMP file 
  3.  Save the newly created JMP file to my desktop
  4.  Execute several prebuilt JMP workflows 
  5. Save the individual reports to an HTML access link
  6.  Compile all the outputs (and links) into one aggregate report
  7.  Send a blast email to key stakeholders within the company 

This will empower me to automate the dissemination of the company's process development and manufacturing data entirely, providing updates in a near real-time fashion. This system ensures access to the most current dataset available at any moment, all through the execution of a single script— a blend of Python and JMP scripting language 

What is the improvement you would like to see? I would like to request that SAS create a new command for the SAS/JMP scripting language. This command should enable the execution of a ‘jmpflow’ file specified by the user. 

Why is this idea important? Early-stage companies, particularly in the Biotechnology field, face a delicate balance. They must strive to automate as much of their data analysis and visualization workflows as possible without overextending resources or making excessive upfront investments in software and infrastructure. JMP already supports these tasks to a significant extent with features such as JMP scripts, workflows, and publishing capabilities. However, the introduction of a new command function that can execute pre-built ‘jmpflow’ file(s) would supplement these existing JMP features. This enhancement would empower data scientists and engineers to write more sophisticated code, automating the delivery of real-time insights on key metrics to stakeholders. Consequently, this will facilitate more informed decision-making and accelerate progress on critical path projects.