cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Make category auto-update when using the shortcut to open Scripting Index from Script Editor

What inspired this wish list request? 

Script Editor is the best tool to find most of the related commands/messages/functions of an object and Script Editor has also shortcut which makes opening Scripting Index much faster (ctrl+double click). Only issue with this is, that it always seems to perform the search on All Functions level AND it won't be able to update the categories.

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

I would like to be able to easily get the scripting index categories updated when I ctrl+double click on script editor.

We have simple script

Data Table()

and I wish to know what I could do with data tables. So I hold ctrl and double click on the data table.

jthi_0-1721030550944.png

Now if I click on the Data Table I would like to get the category updated (or even better, it should be updated automatically based on first match?), but it stays All Functions. So what I always have to do, is to write Data Table to Filter

jthi_1-1721030635012.png

Click again on the exactly same message Data Table and then it will update Category (not exactly sure why it is Row instead of Data Table but it is still better than All Categories).

jthi_2-1721030659191.png

Now I can select the Row() category (or just clear the search) and I will get nice clean list of different operations related to the category

jthi_3-1721030745680.png

Why is this idea important? 

Makes using Script Editor in combination of Scripting Index more enjoyable and removes a lot of unnecessary hassle.