BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

JMP standard template for GR&R

Hi,

Would JMP consider creating a template for GR&R?  JMP software does have measurement system analysis capability, but that is used after the fact.  It would be great to have a standard template set up so that people can set up the GR&R runs for correct measurement collection for analysis - much like the templates for DOE Design.

Thanks.

Tracking Number:

Defect ID:

3 Comments
Not applicable

Hi, if I understand you correctly, you're looking for a submenu in Measurement Systems Analysis or DOE that allows easy generation of Designs for Gage R&R studies, right?

People who often use the DOE menu will probably find a way to construct appropriate designs for Gage R&R with it, but I would also like a submenu for that specific purpose. Those who carry out Gage R&R analyses are not necessarily the same people who are used to the DOE menu from product or process development, and so a designated submenu for Gage R&R design would make it much easier for them to set those up.

Community Trekker

HI Gerd, you mentioned how "those who carry out Gage R&R analyses are not necessarily the same people who are used to the DOE menu from product or process development" and you are right, but we should be!  A richer and broader understanding of DOE would be useful to those of us who routinely perform Gauge R&R Studies. 

@di_michelson on the community posted an excellent .jsl script just for this purpose! 

This could be a great reference frame for JMP to use for implementation in the next release of JMP 15. 

See here under: JMP User Community > File Exchange > JMP Scripts > Gauge Study Design

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Scripts/Gauge-Study-Design/ta-p/22142

Not applicable

Hi Patrick, I agree that this would be ideal.

Thank you for the link to @di_michelson 's script. I just tried it. It's a very useful tool!