cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

JMP Projects - Local Preferences

Hello,

When saving / closing a JMP project, it would be helpful to allow using locally set preferences instead of the global ones (where the two sets are different). Subsequently, when the project is re-opened, it should open with the local preferences.

Thanks and regards

Mehul Shroff

5 Comments
ErraticAttack
Level VI

What kind of preferences are you wanting to save?  Many preferences items have an equivalent method call (such as report settings, marker / line sizes)

Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @MShroff, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

Status changed to: Needs Info

@MShroff I am currently looking into this request. It would be helpful if you could answer the question @ErraticAttack posted, as I was wondering the same thing and it would help me prioritize the request. Thanks!

MShroff
Level V

Hello,

I guess it can be any preferences. For example, I have global preferences like Mean Diamonds and Box Plots set for Variability Gauge charts. However, in one project, I needed to turn them off for better clarity. In another example, it is shaded confidence areas around the fit line in Bivariate plots. I would turn these off for the specific project when I don't need them (occasional). When I save, close, and reopen the project, the default preferences are invoked and these elements are present again.

Regards

Mehul Shroff

Status changed to: Investigating

Thanks for the additional info @MShroff ! We are currently reviewing this request.