cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Improved Journal Text Input and Editing

What inspired this wish list request? 

I have been using journals more as documentation for my study analysis. This requires quite a bit of text, often much more than I see many example journals utilizing. Unfortunately, the current journal editing is quite clunky for large bodies of text. 

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

Improvements for the journal text editing. Some I personally would think are helpful are: 

• Bolding, italicizing, underline, and sub/super scripts 
  • The ability to have multiple bullet points within one text box, instead of each bullet point requiring individual positioning. 
  • A text box format for list functions ( 1. 2. 3. etc) 
  • Including formatting for sub-bullet points
  • Including formatting options for multiple kinds of bullet points (numbers, roman numerals, squares, hollow, ect.) 
  • Adding a text item below a outline heading just adds the box into the journal rather than the pop up screen which makes adding long text or multiple bullet points frustrating 
  • Ability to have paragraph indents and indented bullet points within text boxes

Why is this idea important? 

The ability to save documentation, notes, instructions, and more within the software is a great feature that improves workflow and reproducibility.  The Journals also have great ways to incorporate JMP scripts, files, and images very easily, which makes them preferable to keeping documentation in an outside word processor. The text editing within the journal is not as well developed and is especially limiting for longer-form text. This limits my ability, and likely other users, to fully utilize the journal platform.