cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP Wish List

We want to hear your ideas for improving JMP software.

1. Search: Please search for an existing idea first before submitting a new idea.
  2. Submit: Post your new idea using the Suggest an Idea button. Please submit one actionable idea per post rather than a single post with multiple ideas.
  3. Kudo & Comment Kudo ideas you like, and comment to add to an idea.
  4. Subscribe: Follow the status of ideas you like. Refer to status definitions to understand where an idea is in its lifecycle. (You are automatically subscribed to ideas you've submitted or commented on.)

We consider several factors when looking for what ideas to add to JMP. This includes what will have the greatest benefit to our customers based on scope, needs and current resources. Product ideas help us decide what features to work on next. Additionally, we often look to ideas for inspiration on how to add value to developments already in our pipeline or enhancements to new or existing features.

Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Importing iba dat files

Hello,

I would like to suggest that you develop an import option for reading iba files.

https://www.iba-ag.com/fr/

These files are widely used in my field of activity (industrial production and energy, metallurgy, steel industry, ...).

Today, I use an intermediate step by exporting iba dat files to txt files (or by extracting data from iba dat files using dll (iba provided) and home-made C++ software) and then importing them into JMP.

My wish is to be able to import iba dat files directly (with subsampling options, signal selection,...) and to use a JSL script to import multiple files or to import dynamically files being recorded (for example to update data visualization dashboards).

I am available for any further questions or clarifications and ready to be an early adopter of this feature.

Thank you.

S.Gouttebroze

4 Comments
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @sgoutteb, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

SamGardner
Staff
Status changed to: Needs Info

@sgoutteb I am investigating this.  Do you know if there are any Python or R packages that can be used to open and import the IBA .dat files?  

sgoutteb
Level III

I know this python toll is existing:

https://github.com/phil65/ibadatfile

It is linked with a dll from iba

landonbw1
Level I

I just want to second that this would be very useful.