cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Import from OSIsoft PI Server improvements

What inspired this wish list request?

I've tried out the Import from OSIsoft PI Server feature in JMP 17.0 for a while now and it works well for the most simple queries, but I have noticed a bunch of potential improvements.

What is the improvement you would like to see?

* Less crashes, every time we load a tag containing a text string JMP tends to crash.

* Allow for the data to be fetched into a single data table, compare with this this add in: https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Add-Ins/OSIsoft-PI-concatenator/ta-p/552756

* It is very hard to construct more complex searches than show me a attribute for a single element over a specific timeframe. A proper eventframe/batch-search is lacking which allow to get the same attributes for multipleEventFrames/batches across multiple elements/units.

Why is this idea important?

The import from PI feature is promising since it makes it much easier to query data from a PI server, with a few improvements it can be a very powerfull tool. For now we are likely to stick with custom scripts to do SQL queries against our PI server.

If I've overlooked any of the capabilities of the module, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

5 Comments
mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: New

@DSA thank you for this post, and for these suggestions. For crashes, can you please submit to JMP Technical Support (support@jmp.com)?

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Acknowledged

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

ih
Super User (Alumni)
Super User (Alumni)

@DSA in the meantime you might check out this add-in, and @mia_stephens this might give some ideas on how to improve the connector inside JMP:  Aveva/OSISoft PI Tools 

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Yes, Stay Tuned!

Thank you for sharing the add-in @ih.

@DSA, the first two items (the crashes, and fetching data into a single data table) have been addressed in JMP 18. The third request, and other potential improvements, are being investigated for a future release.