cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Graph Builder Keyboard Shortcuts

Consider adding shortcuts to Graph Builder to enable fast plotting for keyboard users --

E.g. suppose I have speed and distance versus time, and I'd like to plot distance vs. time colored on speed, I could click on the "distance" variable, then press "y", the "time" variable and press "x", then "speed" and press "c". 

This would be a check-able option under the red-triangle, whether these shortcuts are active, or the default of simply switching to a variable starting with that character.

Another option would be to allow capital letters to drop the variable into the drop zones, so the user could type "dYtXsC" and create the plot above very quickly.

Possible mappings:  x = x-axis, y = y-axis, h = horizontal groupings, v = vertical groupings, w = wrap, o = overlay, c = color, s = size, i = interval, f = freq, p = page, m = map shape

4 Comments
Status changed to: Acknowledged

@BHarris - Thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

Status changed to: Investigating

Status changed to: Not Planned For Now

Although we do not plan to deliver this request now, we are holding onto it for a future release and will update this issue if it becomes a priority. Thank you for the idea!

BHarris
Level VI

Ok, I won't give up hope.  Thank you!