cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Easy DOE: visualizing Desirability Functions

What inspired this wish list request? I have been working my way through the excellent Visual Six Sigma: Making Data Analysis Lean (Wiley and SAS Business Series) (2016) book by Cox Gaudard and Stephens from SAS Institute.   I decided to test out the new Easy DOE platform on the example for reproducing the Anodize_CustomDesign_Results.jmp data.  (I had recently been able to reproduce the results with JMP step by step.)  This was quite easy and proved the power of the Easy DOE platform, both very visual and versatile with Guided Mode and Flexible Mode (it feels a bit like TurboTax modes).   Everything went well till the 6th of 7 steps in Easy DOE which is the Predict Step.  In this step, the profiler should show the grid for the effect of the 5 factors on the 4 outcome variables, plus the desirability row and column.    The 4 desirability row and 5 desirability column grid results are missing from the output even though the option is turned on in the red triangle.  When I tried to run the option of Maximize Desirability, this did indeed work well and gave the expected result.   But as I said previously the graphical output of the Desirability is missing from the grid.  (I am running the latest version of JMP 17.2.0)

What is the improvement you would like to see?  That not only can I maximize desirability, but also see the Desirability Functions as I already can outside of Easy DOE.   If you consider this suggestion makes the Guided Mode too busy visually, at least show the Desirability Functions in the grid in the (more advanced) Flexible Mode.

Why is this idea important? One of the most useful features of the Profiler is visualizing the Desirability Functions.  They permit visual sensitivity analysis, suggest trade-offs among (nearly) optimal solutions, etc. So I think that practitioners and students learning JMP can greatly benefit.