cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Directly create a data table from distribution histogram

I think it might be practical and valuable for some users, if it would be possible to save the data from a distribution histogram into a table. The table would then contain two columns where one is the undersize value (i.e. the upper bin limit), that increases with the bin width that was set in the x-Axis settings of the histogram, and the other column contains N of the respective bin (and/or, or in a third column, the respective recalculated frequency).

Currently, it is possible to get the proposed table, but only using a work-around: One can save the level numbers of the histogram of interest (the levels also scale with the set bin size in the histogram's x-scale) into the original data table. Then one can organize the date e.g. using the command (as described in How to get the table of values after constructing a histogram? - JMP User Community). However, one then still has to manually adjust the levels to the actual x-axis scale that was used in the histogram.

Since there is already the option of saving different data directly out of the histogram under the distribution dialogue menu via (like the levels described) above), it might be relatively simple to implement another option, where the above proposed table is directly created. Especially since the data must already somewhere be stored in JMP in order to create the histogram graph.

This feature might for example come in handy, when particle size distributions have to be recalculated from a number based distribution into a volume based distribution or vice versa. With the new feature, the data of the histogram can directly be manipulated and/or recalculated.

Currently using JMP 16.

2 Comments
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @MS1, thank you for taking the time to submit this idea! We will review your request and keep you updated on its status. 

MS1
Level I

Thank you