cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Ctrl Shift Z Redo

Most of my other editors allow Ctrl Shift Z to be a redo.  When I do Ctrl+Shift+Z in JMP, I get some weird 

vince_faller_0-1660234573230.png

Definitely not ideal as it just wipes out my redo stack.  

I can't edit it through toolbar customizations using the builtin edit:redo, but I do have a workaround with JSL

mainmenu("edit:redo");

Possible to add undo/redo shortcut buttons to toolbar? reminded me of this.  

5 Comments
SamGardner
Staff
Status changed to: Needs Info

@vince_faller does this happen to you everywhere in JMP, or just in the JSL editor?  Which version? My preliminary testing shows that redo does work in the JSL editor (on MacOS) and in data tables.  

vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

This has happened in JSL for as long as maybe JMP 12?  It's only in script windows.  and I'm using windows.  Redo (if I click it) DOES work.  But I often press ctrl+shift+z because that's what other editors have it as, it brings up this weird sub thing.  I've fixed it for myself by just making a custom toolbar shortcut, so it's not a problem for me anymore. but that might not be the case for others.  

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager

Does Ctrl-Y get you a Redo? That's commonly used on Windows, including in the Office suite.

ih
Super User (Alumni)
Super User (Alumni)

Ctrl-Y does give a Redo for me on Window, but I have also muttered under by breath after forgetting which key combination is correct in this particular program. I think making redo the default behavior for both key combinations would 'reduce pain'.

Audrey_Shull
Staff
Status changed to: Yes, Stay Tuned!