cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Control graph builder outline box copy / paste

I would like propose an update so that a preference (or some other method) is in place for how outline boxes, especially the default one, are handled during copy / paste operations - for graph builder, specifically (although it could be merged into other platforms). This preference would allow the user to control whether or not the default outline box was copied / pasted when the user selects it for copying.

In JMP 15, an feature was implemented which automatically removes the outline box from the image when copying / pasting from Graph Builder. This feature removes the need to manually select each graph with the control key to copy / paste when the titles are effectively part of the graph builder output.

Additionally, JMP implemented it so that editing the outline box would force keep it when copying / pasting so user adjustments were maintained. However, if a user wants to keep the outline box(es) it is just as annoying to change each title so it is maintained as it is to manually control click each graph to avoid copying the outline box.

A preference would allow users to control their destiny and be the best of both worlds.

5 Comments
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived
We are archiving this request. If this is still important please comment with additional details and we will reopen. Thank you!
nathan-clark
Level VI

It is still important to me... it burns me all the time as I do graph builder graphs and want to quickly share with others in a manner other than Journals... so the outline box - which has the necessary information like a by variable - is lost and I only have the title of the graph.

This wouldn't be so bad if JMP changed how the title was populated. If the Graph builder title was the Y axis AND information from the outline box, that would make the removal during copy/paste more user friendly.

I was just playing around in JMP 18EA and still noticed the loss of the outline box when pasting

nathan-clark
Level VI

@Ryan_Gilmore I was wondering if there was any movement to un-archive this?

Just again today, having a by variable with a bunch of graph builder graphs I lose the header when copying pasting ... unless I write a script to change them all.

Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager

Hi @nathan-clark . Sorry for the delayed response. I alerted our Product Management team. Thanks.

Status changed to: Acknowledged