cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Control Charts - Normality Testing / Goodness of Fit

What inspired this wish list request? Part of my job is analyzing data from OQ/PQ validations for injection molding. We utilize control charts to assess stability and capability of CTQ dimensions per cavity. The information i need for this is the control chart, histogram with spec limits, capability summary, and assessment of normality. The legacy control chart i like the best because it includes a normal quantile plot and allows for preference control for shading zones and tests. The new IMR chart does not have preference control or normality test so i need to combine information from other sources which is messy and time consuming.

What is the improvement you would like to see? I would like to the see two items. First, the capabilities of the legacy control charts preference settings for the new control charts as the legacy will be discontinued in JMP 19. Second, there should be a selection to view the normal quantile plot on the histogram and/or the goodness of fit tests (anderson/darling or shapiro-wilk).

Why is this idea important? It is imperative that your data is normal when assessing capability. Including normal quantile plot or the anderson-darling/shapiro-wilk test will provide supporting evidence in a single area. The preference control will help make analysis quicker. Certain items arent necessary to show and deselecting them everytime is time consuming.