cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Auto population of title - graph builder

Would be useful to be able to use the local data filters used to produce plots in graph builder to auto-populate the graph title field - so that the title updates when the filter is changed - this would greatly facilitate report generation where graphs need to be generated for different years, strengths - whatever it may be.

5 Comments
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager
Status changed to: Needs Info

Can you give some examples of how the titles would be updated?

How would you suggest handling filters with many criteria – either lots of columns in the filter, or lots of categories chosen, or both?

winfriedkoch0
Level IV

I agree that handling filters with many criteria could be a complex task. For my needs it would already be helpful if one criterion could be selected for updating the title. Another possibility could perhaps be that the title would be updated with the last criterion added/changed that means if my last change of the variable Var was 20<=Var<50 then this would be added to the title.

Oren_Barilan
Level I

Thank you, Winfried. 

I would love to see such an enhancement in GB. That said, unlike with other platforms GB's title is embedded in the graph output and cannot be changed if copied into say an MS-Word document. It would be useful to have it as a separate item as in all other platforms.

ih
Super User (Alumni)
Super User (Alumni)

I like the idea of making this an option but since the local data filter info is at the bottom of the graph I often find the current title is sufficient. Maybe that is because I almost never use the default title in reports or presentations though. Note that to copy the where clause with the graph you can use the selection tool (S) and right click to copy.  I could see options to append the where clause to either the bottom of the graph, the end of the title, or both, and maybe some way to decide whether to include the graph title and the where clause when copying the graph.

ih_1-1661260534986.png  ih_2-1661260612793.png

hogi
Level XI

good idea