cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Annotating individual Data Values

One thing that I have been looking for JMP to implement is to be able to add an annotation to individual values in a data file.  There are often occasions when you may need to identify that there is something special about a specific data point (e.g. you may have inserted a mean to replace a missing value) and you want to retain that information with the data file.  If this annotation was implemented as a property of the data value then you would be able to interrogate individual data points in a graph that could then pop up the annotation (if they existed for that point).  It could even be used in the reverse order where you identify an unusual data point in a graph and then link back into the data table to add an annotation to it for future reference?

2 Comments
kwmcm
Level III

YES! I have been scouring the Community for something about annotation and I haven't found what I'm looking for. 

I sometimes need to annotate comments for data points, and I want them to be "highlighted" but then "hide the annotation" when I don't need to see them. Another option instead of using the Legend to color or shape the value, since I usually am also using colors and shapes to show other variables. 

Thank you for this!

Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived
We are archiving this request. If this is still important please comment with additional details and we will reopen. Thank you!