cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Allow disabling Tab Page Boxes from Dashboards

What inspired this wish list request?

I haven't really used JMP's Dashboards because Tab Page Boxes they use take too much space and because of this I always write my own UI using New Window(). I could see myself almost using Dashboards (at least as a starting point) now that JMP17 provides quite clean script if I didn't have to clean the code to remove Tab Page Boxes. This isn't as big of an issue in Dashboard view but more on the created script, though I would also like to be able to have dashboard without the "title boxes"

jthi_2-1673412233157.png

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

Provide an option to not add the Tab Page Boxes. Below is fairly simple example with one graph builder and one distribution (script taken with  from Dashboard above):

jthi_0-1673411790627.png

I have basically three mostly useless Tab Page Boxes there, I already know this is a dashboard, I already know I have a Graph Builder and Distribution , I don't need the Tab Page Boxes to tell me that (I also have Outline Boxes telling me this). I would like to be able to have Dashboard which look more like this:

jthi_1-1673411879883.png

Why is this idea important? 

Allows easier creation of compact UI's. Especially with JMP17 change in which the Dashboard script isn't a huge mess anymore (!

1 Comment
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @jthi, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.