cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Adding more options for 4PL equivalence test

JMP's equivalence test, subcategory of nonlinear fitting with sigmoid curves - logistic curves - logistic 4p using log transformed concentration data, is a fantastic tool for comparison two drugs in bioassay. Result contains four parameters (growth rate, Inflection point, lower asymptote, and upper asymptote).

In some cases, a higher variability with the lower asymptote ratio can be observed due to the large impact of small variations in the ratios of reference and test sample. To overcome this potential drawback, Yang et al. suggest not considering the lower asymptote alone, but together with the upper asymptote as the ratio of upper to lower asymptote (e.g. New Variable=(upper asymptote - Lower asymptote)ref / (upper asymptote - lower asymptote)test).

For detailed information, please see the article,

Comment and Completion: Implementation of Parallelism Testing for Four-Parameter Logistic Model in Bioassays, DOI:10.5731/pdajpst.2015.01060

They suggested two new parameters. First one is the range from lower to upper asymptote and second is the slope (or growth factor) at inflection point.

I think their idea is quite reasonable and hopefully I could apply their concept in JMP.

Thank you.  

4 Comments
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @Hyunsik, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

SamGardner
Staff

@Hyunsik thank you for the idea.  In the area of method equivalence for pharmaceuticals and medical diagnostics, this is an important topic.  I have not seen this approach before, so I wonder how well this approach has been received in the industry and if it is common to use this approach?  

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Needs Info