cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Add possibility to easily write and see the value used in graph builder (and other platforms) when sliders are used

What inspired this wish list request? 

Currently when user want's to modify the slider value for example in Graph Builder, it is very difficult to do it based on exact value as you cannot see the value easily and you have to use slider.

Example below:

jthi_0-1672992747934.png

No idea what those values currently are unless I hover over and if I change the value I cannot see it while using the slider. And even if I could see the values, I cannot move the slider accurately enough to get the value I would like to have.

For example Fit Y by X offers this type of controls

jthi_1-1672993660368.png

And with Profiler you can click the value and modify it

jthi_2-1672993763240.png

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

I would like to see the values all the time and have a possibility to write the values I want to use in addition to using sliders. Number Edit Box is one option how it could be handled, maybe combination of how fit y by x and profiler do it in the images above.

Why is this idea important?

This would make it much easier to use those controls accurately. Currently I think the easiest way is to move all the sliders randomly somewhere and then take the script. Then you can accurately edit the values and run the graph again. Or you could write your own add-in which allows changing slider values with Number Edit Box.

2 Comments
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you for submitting this wish @jthi! Your feedback is critical in helping us make JMP even better, and we are grateful you took the time to share your ideas. Your request has been documented and will be prioritized. 

hogi
Level XI

For the second part of the wish, I just learned from @julian :
right click the slide and use set value

hogi_0-1679399585436.png