cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Add in a slope calculation for the ruler

What inspired this wish list request?

Often I want to get the quick value of a slope from some portion of a curve over time and I either need to exclude all the un-interesting areas and then fit a regression line to it or use the ruler and do some hand calculations on the side with my trusty Ti-82.
What is the improvement you would like to see?

I would like to see in the output of the ruler, a slope calculation when both the X and Y axis are continuous. Side note, it would be nice if the line length value matched the decimals of the dy and dx values)
Why is this idea important?

We evaluate lots of process curves over time from all across our value stream: from evaluating that we met some rate so that a part can be released to when investigating defects and overlaying curves being able to quickly calculate what rates good parts have and what rates bad parts. Being able to do this quickly will save us a lot of time and effort. As our amount of functional data grows this will be that much more important.
Thanks for considering.
Steve

1 Comment
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @shampton82, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.