cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Add histogram and sliders in gradient settings within graph builder, and change default values.

In graph builder, the default min/center/max values for the default three color gradient only work well for normal data. To help this work for other data:

• Change the default values to the 2.5, 50, and 97.5 percentiles to increase the likelihood of a useful graph by default.
  • Introduce a histogram with sliding bars (similar to a local data filter) which would allow the user to move those values around visually.

The default settings for this chart:

ih_0-1598905615583.png

would become:

ih_1-1598905677973.png

Instead of the user just seeing this:

ih_3-1598905863187.png

they would have a chart like this to further adjust the Minimum, Center, and Maximum settings:

ih_2-1598905755516.png

7 Comments
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived
We are archiving this request. If this is still important please comment with additional details and we will reopen. Thank you!
hogi
Level XI

Hi @Ryan_Gilmore , yes, still important.

Sorry to see that the wish got archived - instead of implemented.

new versions of the wish:
Graph Builder Preferences: Middle 90% (or 99%) 

mouse control for color gradient 

hogi
Level XI

-

shampton82
Level VII

Hey @Ryan_Gilmore and @hogi 

I agree that this wish is still important and should be un archived.  Interacting with the Gradient Settings is cumbersome while being something you usually have to do multiple times when developing a chart. I'd add one more wish to it, the ability to copy and paste the current settings of the Gradient Settings.  That would allow me to easily copy over a chart setting from one chart to the other, right now it is painful when I find one I like and want to apply it to other graphs.

Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you for the feedback! I am reopening this request. 

hogi
Level XI

Thanks

hogi
Level XI

please consider using the gradient legend of the graph itself as a "slider" - similar to the drag and pan/zoom function of the axes:

hogi_1-1721077306391.png

mouse control for color gradient