cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Add column switcher to interactive HTML file format

Dear JMP,

Several people in my organization really like the save as interactive HTML with data format as it allows people to share data in an easy way, especially to those who are not JMP users or very advanced in JMP.

However, we recently discovered the column switcher option (which is also an amazing addition to Graph Builder or other platforms) is not saved as a HTML interactive. It saves an image of the column switcher, but doesn't allow for actual interaction. This is really unfortunate as it would expand the capabilities of sharing information with others using the interactive HTML option.

Please add in an interactive column switcher!

By the way, we run JMP 14.0.0 and JMP Pro 14.1.0. This could be an addition in 15, but we haven't updated to the new release yet.

Thanks!,

DS

5 Comments

For techcinal reasons, the column switcher can not work in the standalone Interactive HTML files, but in JMP 15 it is available in JMP Live!  See JMP® Interactive HTML and JMP Live: What's New and Different in JMP 15 for a good description of the features you gain with JMP Live and the differences between it and Interactive HTML.

SDF1
Super User
Hi @josh_markwordt, Thanks for the information on JMP Live. I will look into that more. It seems to me that an intermediate workaround could still happen, especially for those unable to utilize the additional features of JMP Live. My thinking is that when JMP saves the report as an interactive HTML, it could detect how many column switcher "data filters" are present (say N) and how many columns within each column switcher dialogue (say M for simplicity). Then, JMP could save NxM HTML files and the column switcher "interactive" part would look like it does in JMP, but just be HTML links that take you to the other graphics for each time a column got switched out. Not very elegant, and could definitely get to be a large number of files, depending on an individual's specific needs, but it seems like this should be able to work around the technical downside that HTML doesn't understand what columns are and how to switch them out. Thanks!, DS
SDF1
Super User
Hi .@josh_markwordt, .@John_Powell_JMP gave a great description on how to make a work-around so data could be shared in a suitable fashion with HTML files. The solution to the issue posted in this thread, and John's answer can be found here: https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/How-to-add-HTML-links-to-JMP-interactive-HTML-files/m-p/232.... It turns out there are three options, and the Publish or Dashboard (as interactive HTML) are likely the best options. Of course, it's not as cool as having an interactive column switcher, but it's still a great solution. Thanks!, DS
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager
Status changed to: Already Offered

As @josh_markwordt pointed out, there are technical reasons this can't be done in HTML alone, which is why it's only available in JMP Live. I'm going to close this as already offered via JMP Live.

Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Delivered