cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Add JMP Version and product to icon options

I have to have multiple JMP versions installed at the same time, and from time to time I get confused which version I'm currently running. I can always check it from About menu or create an addin which will tell me the version + product, but I would rather use icons for that. 

Currently I have three different JMP versions in "active" use (even more versions installed...). I have pinned them to taskbar and changed the icons but

with the current icon selection I cannot choose to show the current version, differentiate between pro/non-pro or if the JMP is EA product. 

Current icon selection JMP16 Pro:

jthi_0-1627537977906.png

My current selections to help me make a difference between different versions:

jthi_1-1627538154135.png

1. JMP15
  2. JMP16 Pro
  3. JMP17 EA

4 Comments
jpol
Level IV

Great idea.

I too need to run several versions of JMP simultaneously. This would help prevent using the wrong version for some applications.

ih
Super User (Alumni)
Super User (Alumni)

I agree with making this a built-in option, but FYI my current solution is to make a custom icon file (save a 32x32 pixel .png file and change extension to .ico) and then reference that file in the dialog box you showed.

ih_0-1631029002386.png

Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @jthi, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

Status changed to: Not Planned For Now

We appreciate you submitting this idea, but we do not plan to pursue this at this time. I'm changing the status to Not Planned for Now, although I will update this wish if we revisit this request in a future release.