cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wafer maps in Graph Builder using Map Shapes
matth1
Level IV

I've been creating semiconductor wafer maps using points or heatmaps for a long time and adding graphics scripts to show the die outlines, but it's cumbersome and prone to looking ugly if you have missing data (alternatively you need to add dummy rows to avoid this, which is even more cumbersome).

At the recent European Discovery summit, there was a discussion about using map shapes in Graph Builder to create wafer maps and get around these issues. As I'd not used map shapes before it was a good learning experience, so I created this example/proof of concept script from the sample data.

In summary, the script does this:

1. creates the map shape files from the sample data. Of course in real life this would be a one-shot operation created from a golden data set, not created every time you draw a map! But I've included it in case it's useful to see how the map files work.
  2. creates the link between the data and the map file
  3. does some work to set the chart limits in case of missing data, add some dummy data column, and to prepare the column switcher and local data filters (this is not essential but it's nice to make it pretty)
  4. creates the wafer map in Graph Builder.

Caveats: it's very basic JSL and not optimised in any way, and also not test it exhaustively (only on the sample data set and a couple of real examples) so there may be odd behaviour  

Hopefully this is useful. I'm grateful for advice or improvements that anyone would like to suggest!

matth1_0-1715598400495.png

Comments

Love it!

jpol

Very nice Matt.

Thanks for sharing-

Recommended Articles