cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Creating an Excel Workbook from a JMP File Where Each Tab is Based on a Specific Level of a Factor
DaveLee
Level IV

This is a very simple script!  Although this goes against my inherent nature, sometimes I'm forced to take data from JMP and put it into Excel. I recently had to do this where I needed to parse out data from an original JMP datatable and save into one Excel file where each worksheet is saved with the title of the level of that factor. 

In this example, I create a data tble of 500 rows with 5 levels of Dev ID ( A thru E).  I'd like to get to one Excel file called 'Sample' where there are 5 worksheets titled A, B, C, D & E.

Thanks to Wendy Murphrey for helping me.

Comments
GM

Hi David,
Thanks for posting this example.
When I ran the script attached to your post I received the following error:
None of the specified tables could be found. Save failed.
So, I changed

Create Excel Workbook(
"$DOCUMENTS\Sample.xlsx",
{sub}, // data table references
list[i]

to

Create Excel Workbook(
"$DOCUMENTS\Sample.xlsx",
list,// data table references
list

and now it works perfect.
Thanks again!
Sincerely,

Matt Goodlaw

DaveLee

Hi Matt,

I don't know why you get that error but I just pulled the script right from the website and it worked fine as is.  It's good to knwo alternate means to get the same result though.  Thanks for theh feedback!

Dave

GM

Might be the version of JMP I am using.

DaveLee

True. I'm using v14.