cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

2022_Q1 Video and files: Practical session for JSL Beginners

Abstract: 

Use JMP's "Save Script" functionality to generate scripts and understand what has been generated. Learn the Basics of the Script Editor and where to find more information on the code generated.

Hi there,

in the 2022 Q1 meeting we will have a beginners session to provide some first guidance on how to start with scripting (this is not comparable to a scripting training or the equivalent e-Learning). It is really to get to know the very basic stuff you should get familiar with even before you learn the scripting concepts available.

In the attached journal there is a text base flow on what we will go through during this 30min session plus some information on the JMP Script Editor and further resources. 

Best,

Martin

/****NeverStopLearning****/
2 REPLIES 2
Ressel
Level VI

Re: 2022Q1 Practical Session - Beginners

Question on the table references you showed today: If you process multiple tables sequentially as part of a script, do you iterate the table references ad infinitum (dt1, dt2, dt3,...) or is there a smarter solution? 

Background: I frequently manipulate tables (join, concatenate, split, etc.) and sometimes have quite a few tables that I sequentially open, process and close before moving on to the next table in the same script until I have the final table I want.

Re: 2022Q1 Practical Session - Beginners

Hi @Ressel 

I moved this discussion into a seperate Thread (https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Scripting-Users-Group/Question-on-the-table-references-from-Russel/... ) so others can provide their guidance as well. This way we can have questions asked here and reference to a seperate thread and see all questions in a condensed way (hopefully ), and we can mark there the best answers as solutions, which would be difficult here if there are more questions. 

Best,

Martin

/****NeverStopLearning****/