cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Next round of the JMP Women in STEM book club: Hannah Fry’s Hello World

We are now three books into the JMP Women in STEM book club and are happy to see growing global interest. If you haven’t already, please join the Women in STEM Discussion group in the JMP User Community. Anyone can join! We are currently in the process of seeking group facilitators and participants to span multiple time zones.

At the recent Discovery Summit Europe—the first in-person event in four years—we were delighted to conclude the event with a book signing of Hannah Fry’s Hello World: How to Be Human in the Age of the Machine (both European and North American covers are shown here).

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 11.16.50 AM.png

So many comments of praise and appreciation flowed during the book signing—one of my favorite things to hear while assisting. The book signing was a great opportunity for many to have their photos taken with the amazing Hannah Fry.  We’re grateful to Roselinde Kessels for sharing this photo so we can congratulate her again on the Best Invited Paper Award for her talk, “Revisiting Pearl’s Influenza Studies Using JMP® (2023-EU-30MP-1319).”

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 11.18.35 AM.png

For all of you many Hannah Fry fans, you may be interested to learn she has an amazing new Bloomberg series, The Future with Hannah Fry. I’ve only watched a few episodes, but I can tell you I plan to watch them all!

For anyone who is interested in the role algorithms play in our lives and the ethical dilemmas we must now contemplate, Hello World is a must read. We plan to start the book club around mid-April, so you still have time to join, and we hope you will! Happy reading!

Last Modified: Mar 31, 2023 9:23 AM