cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Celebrating JMP Champions: Mike Cramer, McDonald’s Corporation
Mike Cramer, Director, Operations Advanced Analytics, McDonald’s Corporation
Fun Facts: My love of outdoor adventure has taken me heli-skiing, rock climbing, white water rafting, backpacking and mountain biking over 300 times across 10 countries. It’s a passion I have shared with many friends and my family.
JMP User since 2005

Mike leading a plenary session at JMP Discovery Chicago back in 2009.Mike leading a plenary session at JMP Discovery Chicago back in 2009.

What is your favorite feature in JMP?

Over time my answer has changed, but as I coach and mentor others using DOE in JMP, discovery features (like Graph Builder) and journaling continue to be a way of reinforcing how best to do the work both accurately and quickly.

What was your first job (ever)?

Landscaping and cutting grass for neighbors. I was also an industrial engineering consultant out of college.

What is your proudest professional moment?

Watching my team get awards for their work and contributions to grow the business.

How did you get interested in engineering?  Is it something you always knew you wanted to do or where you inspired by someone/something?

My father was a pioneer in industrial engineering and ops research. He inspired me to carry the torch.

What do you like most about the work you do?

My role is a blend of leadership, influence and service to others, which fits my nature.

How are you currently using JMP?

3color.png

We provide descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive services to US operations leadership and the field.  

What is the first project you worked on using JMP?

Identifying the root causes and best solutions to improve order accuracy at McDonald’s.  

Is there anything you would like to say to JMP development or John Sall?

John, you and your team continue to inspire me for what is possible, and how to make this a better world.

How do you see the field of data science progressing in the next 20-50 years?

The digital transformation we are all going through along with AI and simulation will enable us to be more productive and accurate as we apply the more advanced sciences to get ahead of issues before they take hold.

What advice would you give a beginning JMP user?

Try to maintain a discipline in your framing and approach. As the tools become better and faster, there is no substitute for sound scientific methods.

Last Modified: Jul 29, 2020 3:02 PM