cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Plot a well trace in 3D using directional survey data

Read our JMP Blog to learn more about the value and usage of this add-in.

Requirements:

• data table with measured depth, azimuth, and inclination
  • optional: well name tags

The well trace add-in will:

• Allow user to designate measured depth, azimuth, and inclination as inputs
  • Calculate Delta North, Delta East, and Total Vertical Depth (TVD)
  • Allow user to apply appropriate units (feet or meters, NOTE: this is a label only)
  • Optional: User may enter inclination and azimuth in radians
  • generate a 3D scatterplot of well(s)
  • If run subsequently, user will be asked if they want to keep or overwrite the previous run's new data
    • If chosen to keep the previous data, the previous data column headers will be marked "_old"

Peter_Polito_0-1626979201067.png

Peter_Polito_2-1626979222306.jpegPeter_Polito_3-1626979229471.png

Peter_Polito_1-1626979211427.png

Comments

Hello @Peter_Polito ,  Looks like an incredible add-in!  Would it be possible for you to provide some sample data to accompany it here?  

Thanks,  @PatrickGiuliano 

I've added an example dataset, @PatrickGiuliano

Updated add-in with warning that opens when the add-in is initiated without a data table open, alerting the user that they will need to open a data table prior to launching the add-in.

Hello @Peter_Polito, Can you please send me the program if it is free? I have a simple homework assignment to draw a single well.
telgram @T1e29

@eng_mohamed29. you can download the add-in to run the Well Trace Add In (in JMP) via the link on the upper right of this page (Well Trace Addin.jmpaddin).

@Peter_PolitoI downloaded the program, but I'm having trouble getting the information for Delta North and Delta East, even after trying to use the Excel (AVERAGE ANGLE) method. Can you please send me the information? I would appreciate your help.