cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JMP Addins for Frequency Analysis and Dual Seasonality Time Series Analysis
jfish
Visitor

This addin contains 2 new JMP scripts which were presented in Using JMP’s Time Series Analysis Platform on Data Containing Multiple Periodic Signals at the .

The first enhances JMP's spectral analysis capabilities (Time Series Analysis platform) in a variety of ways, including spectrum, autospectrum, transfer function (including damping estimate), and waterfall plots.

The second allows two seasonality components to be analyzed when using the JMP Time Series Analysis platform.

7607_Capture.PNG

Comments
jchase

Nice effort on this, I think the add-in needs to be reloaded though.

jfish

Sorry about that, Joe.  Not sure what the problem might be.  Until we can get it fixed, please feel free to contact me directly at experistats@gmail.com, and I'll personally send a copy of the script to you.

Thanks,

Jerry Fish

AFlint

Any User experience with this neat Frequency Analysis add-in?  I've run into a couple issues so wondering if anyone else has as well:

1. Executing the analysis allocates a very large percentage of CPU time and memory space, slowing down the rest of the system and preventing other JMP activity.

2. I'm limited to selecting segment lengths of about 2400 max.  If I go to longer segments the add-in appears to hang JMP.  Recovery is done by closing that analysis progress window.

Any thoughts, let me know!

Thanks,

Andrew

KEJ

I have a pretty beefy workstation and it fails to execute and crashes jmp. I have massively oversampled data so I may sample it down and see if I can get it to run.