cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Correlate Y by X Add-In
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

This add-in generates a table of correlations and p-values from specified Y against the specified X columns. By default the resulting table includes parametric and nonparametric correlations and p-values (including FDR corrected p-values), as well as scatterplot images and a heatmap script saved to the table. If saved, the column of scatterplot images is marked as a label column and hovering over points in the heatmap will reveal the scatterplot. Unlike saving a table of correlations from Analyze > Multivariate Methods > Multivariate, this add-In produces correlations for just the specified Y columns against the specified X columns (rather than all Y against each-other).

Options:

• Save Scatterplot Images to Table (on by default - requires JMP 12): saves images of each scatterplot including density ellipse to data table as an expression column. Note: this can be time consuming for a large number of variables.
  • Nonparametric Correlations (on by default): saves nonparametric correlations and p-values to table (Spearman ρ, Kendall τ, Hoeffding D).
  • False Discovery Rate Correction (on by default): applies the Benjamini-Hochberg adjustment to p-values (including non-parametric p-values if requested)
  • Color Cells by Correlation (on by default): colors individual cells by the value of the correlation.
  • Sorting (off by default): If a sort option is selected, resulting data table will be automatically sorted by the Pearson correlation (descending) or p-value (ascending).

Dialog

Specify Numeric Y and X

Data Table with Scatterplot Images

and Saved Heatmap Script

Heat Map with

Scatterplot Mouse Over

11535_Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 10.31.43 AM.png11536_Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 10.33.09 AM.png11517_GbHeat.gif
Comments
KarenC

Fun script, I am going to try it out on a historical data project. Just a note, when I ran on JMP12 (mac) the colors did not automatically save to my table nor did the script for the heat map.

julian

Well that's no good! It's working on my instance of JMP 12 on my mac but I'll try it on some others machines to see if I can track down what is going on. Thanks for letting me know!

AS
HI, when running the addin in JMPGenomics, most result windows pop up (I think 2 or 3) and close immediately automatically. Also in the table with the correlations I cannot open the saved scatterplots and the correlations are not coloured by value. I am using Windows 10. What are the requirements for this tool to run.
aardeshir

Hi Julian,

The add-In doesn't work as before. It had a lot of great features that were not included in the Response Screening such as nonparametric correlations and p-values (Spearman ρ, Kendall τ, Hoeffding D) and the scatterplot. Do you think those features can be back in this Add-In?

Thanks!

Brett_L

Hello Julian,

Since this provides the Pearson correlation values/probabilities in columns I would also love to see this add-in updated for the current version(s) of JMP (I am using 16.0.0 and the plugin doesn't work!).

Sincere thanks!